Skip to main content

Insight Through Experience

Since my interests vary so much and the options in life are endless, I have trouble making up my mind with what it is that I would like to do or what career to pursue. I am considering a field where I can expand the valuable skill of solving issues that involve the improvement of individual, community, business or social welfare through the use of environmental and/or policy changes and inspirational self development to improve the quality of life and achievement. I can only imagine how it would be a day in the life of someone of a particular field and how they live their day to day lifestyle. 


To help me clarify some of my career interests, I can volunteer with some people to assist them in their daily activities or just have the privilege to be present during important moments of their days. Some people that I can volunteer with are business lawyers or successful businessmen and entrepreneurs that use their available resources and wisdom to accomplish tasks that only a combination of skilled professionals would have the confidence to accomplish.  I can find a mentor that has similar interests and find out what they do with their lives.  A successful mentor will provide good advice and will provide me with their experiences that would save me a great deal of time and trouble to discover on my own.  I have a few mentors that are successful businessmen, but I do not spend enough dedicated time with them because of my work/school schedule and their unpredictable timeline. What I will do is set up specific times of the month that I can meet with these certain individuals, and initiate some give and take sessions that will give me some insight into my plan of action and choice improvements.  


The last thing that I can do is to improve my own attitude of how I manage my resources, my time and how I follow my goals and the path necessary to accomplish them. The persistent self development to attain a more disciplined attitude with allow me to accomplish more and to realize what I am actually capable of accomplishing.


-Vsevolod Soloviev
 June 22, 2012

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Budget in College and Why it Matters

College is often the first time students manage their own money and it can get overwhelming fast. Between textbooks, food, tuition, and social events, its easy to overspend without realizing it. But learning to budget in college doesnt mean giving up everything fun. Instead its about being intentional with your spending so you can avoid stress, debt, and financial mistakes down the line. Budgeting isnt just about cutting back its a form of freedom. It helps you make the most of your money and take control of your future. Whether your living on campus, commuting, or juggling a part time job, a solid budget is your best friend. Tips on Budgeting in College Track Every Dollar: Use personal finance apps to track spending, categorize expenses, and set goals. These apps help you see where your money goes so you can make smarter decisions. Create a Monthly Budget: Use simple, user friendly budgeting tools. This allows you to plan for every dollar you have coming in and going out. Separate N...

DEI & The Workplace

Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), is a broad term that covers the issues of equality in the United States. It existed throughout the years, trying to advocate for equality amongst individuals regardless of their race, sex, or religion. Thi helps foster respect and equality in every sector of the society, ensuring that as long as a person is a citizen of the United States, they are allowed to receive the same benefits as others. In the workplace, DEI is very essential as it ensures that people are hired based on the fact that they meet the qualifications of the position they applied for, and not discriminated against by not qualifying them for unknown reasons even if they reach all other qualifications. Below are a few important reasons for DEI in the workplace:  1. The Workplace Should Reflect Today’s Emerging Workforce: Social change has historically often led to backlash, but that isn’t necessarily a good reason to retreat or pivot away from one’s DEI mandate. Today’s emerg...

Dress for the Job You Want

A lot of times we look at our closets and think "What should I wear for work today?" or "Is this appropriate for this interview?" Well what we fail to realize is that what may be accepted in our eyes, is not accepted in the eyes of a professional. Here I will tell what to wear for your job or for future jobs to come. Men's fashion: Solid color button down shirts(black, blue brown and gray) Solid color ties (no Bow ties) Black, gray or blue pants are accpeted Black or brown dress shoes *all clothes must be ironed Women: Blouses and button downs shirts Dresses and skirts minimal knee length Black, gray or blue pants are accepted Solid color flats or heels are accepted as well *all clothes must be ironed Absolutely no  jeans, sneakers or shorts are allowed to be worn, hair and nails must be work appropriate, and offensive tattoos can not be shown on display. Both of these are prime examples of what to wear the next time you look at your cl...