Helpful Tips for Transferring
Transferring Within CUNY
-To apply to CUNY senior colleges:
· Apply online via the CUNY Portal: www.cuny.edu
Fall Deadline - Feb. 1st
Spring Deadline - Sept. 15th
*Pick up a CUNY Online instruction sheet in C-102*
· Submit your online application.
· Transfer admission is based upon cumulative GPA (from all institutions attended).
· Transfer application is accepted after the deadline on a space available basis.
*Applications take approximately 8-12 weeks to be processed.*
· The UAPC (University Application Processing Center) will automatically request transcripts from all CUNY colleges.
· Make sure you DO NOT have any stops on your record (especially bursar stops) or Kingsborough will not release your transcripts to UAPC.
· If you are currently enrolled at KCC, an electronic version of your official CUNY transcript will be retrieved by CUNY/UAPC after the application is submitted. Attending KBCC is sure to complete the "Courses in Progress" section on the application, to avoid paying the $70 application fee.
· How will my credits transfer? Check www.tipps.cuny.edu
· It is also recommended to schedule a “Transfer Follow up” appointment with an advisor.
Transferring Within SUNY
· Check with each individual school for application deadlines and requirements.
· Generally a minimum GPA of 2.0 – 2.5 required
· Submit your college application, requested documents and file for FAFSA before the deadline
*Still have questions about the process? Come to C102 for more information.*
William Cayambe & Nathalie Jean-Elie