What you wear may just set you apart from other during an interview.
Here are some helpful tips you could use for making a great first impression in an interview.
Types of Business Attire
- Business Casual - A casual, but professional look usually a button down with khakis and dress shoes.
- Business Formal - A more formal look made to impress (for example, a suit and tie with dress shoes).
Tips for Dressing to Impress
- Dress for the job you want to get. Depending on the type of job you're applying for, you should dress appropriately. For example, applying for a retail job is much more casual than applying for a job at Wall Street. If you are applying for retail, go with something more business casual and if applying for a white collar job, you should go for the business formal look.
- Groom yourself. First impressions are a major key to getting hired. So whether your job is retail or business, always come in looking good. Some examples of this are: a clean shave, haircut, and trimmed nails.
- Do not wear any strong cologne or perfume.
- Wear appropriate colors (for example: navy, grey or black).
-Andy Yan Bai