Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Career Path



Choosing a career is not a simple task. When choosing a career you are choosing what you see yourself doing in the future, for me this task was not as simple as I thought it was. Before you decide what to choose make sure you figure yourself out first. Find what you put your priorities at, for example I value creative and artistic freedom. Some might value financial gains more and seek a career where pay is higher. In my path to choosing a career I looked at what I enjoy and am passionate about, this is how I came to the conclusion to seek a career in the video game industry, where my value of being creative and artistic is met. After choosing your career of choice its best to seek other careers that interest you, it is never a bad thing to seek other potential career paths as there is always the chance of you changing your mind at any curtain point in the process.

I made sure to look up information on my career of choice and how to get there. Make sure to look up what degrees you need, skills, low level positions before reaching the job title you want to settle in, always dig up information related to your chosen career because you assuring yourself that this are what you want to do. One way to look up info is to search companies related to the career, research them and even call them to ask questions. One final advice is to make sure that you’re not choosing just for the sake of wanting to get it over with since this is your future, if you are struggling to decide it is helpful to talk to others like you family members or school counselors, even fellow students. They will help out by giving helpful advice that makes you see what your values are at, what schools are best for you and even possible internships or entry jobs.

- T.L. Acevedo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.