Wednesday, December 23, 2015

How Many Words Per Minute Do You Type?


Setting: Career Advisement Office

             

Advisor: How fast can you type?

                         Student:  I text very fast.
                                          

Advisor: I am sure you do, but I am actually talking about typing on a keyboard.


Student: Oh! I can type pretty fast, I’m sure.

Advisor: Well how about we find out?
Student: How?


Advisor: It’s very easy. Google WPM Quiz which stands for Word per Minute Quiz. A text will be shown. You will start the clock and start typing what you see in the empty box. When you are done, the amount of time it took you to type will be displayed. You want to aim for 55 and higher. So, if your words per minute are less than that, I recommend you keep on practicing. This is a new skillset that you can work on and, therefore, add to your resume. It will definitely give your resume a boost. This will be considered as a technical skill and that will give you an edge in the competition.


Student: Cool. I didn’t know that. Thank you!

Advisor: You are welcome. Now that you know…Use it!

Source
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.