Skip to main content

My Findings for an Internship

               

               Hello, my name is Huma Khalid. I am a student at Kingsborough Community college and its my 2nd year here. I am proceeding my goal of  being a teacher because its my passion and I am highly interested in it. Right now I am majoring in  Liberal Arts but I  am going to change it to Early Childhood Education to proceed toward my aim of being a teacher. I am working as a part time employer in Dunkin' Donuts but I want to join your company/organization because I think it would really help me to get some work experience in my career field of choice. I have also some college activity work experience. I have worked as a secretary in the college club of Pakistani community. I am also a billingual. If you are also considering me to be a part of your company could I please have your contact information so that I can meet you and so that we can exchange some workful information. I can utilize my skills ,education and work experience in this company and could participate in its progress.

Huma Khalid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Budget in College and Why it Matters

College is often the first time students manage their own money and it can get overwhelming fast. Between textbooks, food, tuition, and social events, its easy to overspend without realizing it. But learning to budget in college doesnt mean giving up everything fun. Instead its about being intentional with your spending so you can avoid stress, debt, and financial mistakes down the line. Budgeting isnt just about cutting back its a form of freedom. It helps you make the most of your money and take control of your future. Whether your living on campus, commuting, or juggling a part time job, a solid budget is your best friend. Tips on Budgeting in College Track Every Dollar: Use personal finance apps to track spending, categorize expenses, and set goals. These apps help you see where your money goes so you can make smarter decisions. Create a Monthly Budget: Use simple, user friendly budgeting tools. This allows you to plan for every dollar you have coming in and going out. Separate N...

DEI & The Workplace

Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), is a broad term that covers the issues of equality in the United States. It existed throughout the years, trying to advocate for equality amongst individuals regardless of their race, sex, or religion. Thi helps foster respect and equality in every sector of the society, ensuring that as long as a person is a citizen of the United States, they are allowed to receive the same benefits as others. In the workplace, DEI is very essential as it ensures that people are hired based on the fact that they meet the qualifications of the position they applied for, and not discriminated against by not qualifying them for unknown reasons even if they reach all other qualifications. Below are a few important reasons for DEI in the workplace:  1. The Workplace Should Reflect Today’s Emerging Workforce: Social change has historically often led to backlash, but that isn’t necessarily a good reason to retreat or pivot away from one’s DEI mandate. Today’s emerg...

Dress for the Job You Want

A lot of times we look at our closets and think "What should I wear for work today?" or "Is this appropriate for this interview?" Well what we fail to realize is that what may be accepted in our eyes, is not accepted in the eyes of a professional. Here I will tell what to wear for your job or for future jobs to come. Men's fashion: Solid color button down shirts(black, blue brown and gray) Solid color ties (no Bow ties) Black, gray or blue pants are accpeted Black or brown dress shoes *all clothes must be ironed Women: Blouses and button downs shirts Dresses and skirts minimal knee length Black, gray or blue pants are accepted Solid color flats or heels are accepted as well *all clothes must be ironed Absolutely no  jeans, sneakers or shorts are allowed to be worn, hair and nails must be work appropriate, and offensive tattoos can not be shown on display. Both of these are prime examples of what to wear the next time you look at your cl...