Friday, October 26, 2012

Food = Culinary Art

Many people around the world share a lot of similarities through food. Most of them have been inspired to cook from either a childhood memory, where their parents made something extraordinary, or at a restaurant where they ate something that they never forgot.

When I was young, my parents used to take me to my uncle’s fish market. That was when I was introduced to fresh fish eggs. I thought it was weird at first but he made me try it with some crabmeat sticks and rice (like a sushi roll). To my surprise, I was amazed by the texture and the taste of it. It’s weird right? Ever since that day, I started to appreciate every food I ate. I am always trying to figure what ingredients the chef’s put in the food and try to make my own version of it. I always have so much fun cooking and that is when I realized majoring in culinary arts is something I will love and succeed in.
What you should know about culinary arts field :

©bls.gov
Quick Facts: Chefs and Head Cooks
2010 Median Pay $40,630 per year $19.53 per hour
Entry-Level Education High school diploma or equivalent
Work Experience in a Related Occupation 1 to 5 years
On-the-job Training None
Number of Jobs, 2010 100,600
Job Outlook, 2010-20- 1% (Little or no change)
Employment Change, 2010-20 -800


Chef Gordon Ramsay says a chef must have basic cutting skills. (like cutting an onion!)


Johnny Khem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.