Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Decisions-is there an easy way?



Remember when we were little and most of our decisions were made by parental figures? Most of these decisions weren’t life altering back then although at times they seemed otherwise. Now that we are adults the decisions we make are more important. Having been an adult for a number of years I can tell you that decision-making never stops. Once you have realized and accept this then you can move on to the action phase. There are many different methods to making the right decision for you. Some people create a pros and cons list, others are more impulsive. There is no right way to making the perfect decision for you.

 Recently in class I was asked to decide what I value most. We made a list of 10 qualities or things we wanted in our ideal life and some of my things included stability, independence, support, and motivation. We had to then narrow it down to five, three and finally one. You cannot imagine the stress levels of myself and my fellow classmates when making this decision for a class activity. In the end I valued my independence more than anything. I now always carry the note-card as a reminder and I have also learned a nifty way to making decisions. Try not to rush into decisions especially important ones otherwise you will always wonder what-if. When in doubt seek advice but realize that final decision is in your hands. “Adulting” can be hard but I am positive that you can and will get through this. 

By: Lillian Collazo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.