Monday, February 8, 2016

Sayfur Rahaman
Assignment final version of assignment #8


                                                                 NETWORKING


       Networking is great and you never know how far it can get you in life. I was always told that the people you meet the least in your life are the ones to open doors for you. Networking is very important in college because the more people you know the more opportunities you will receive. Being social takes you a long way and I know that from personal experience. I utilize social media to network. For example, Facebook is full of people I haven't seen in years yet we still keep contact by sending each other messages. You can literally do anything on social media and technology has advanced to a point where we now use facetime, skype and etc to network. You can post an idea online and you would have people viewing it and then sending you message complimenting your idea or would like to work with you on your idea. I have a lot of people in my network but not to many of them that can give me opportunities so I seek to make better and smarter connections as I progress in my college years. I have a friend who an NYPD detective who is a network that can help me pursue my future career goals. I also have a friend who works as a paralegal and he has already agreed to help me in my job search process once I have obtained my degree. It is very important to network, because you never know where it will take you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.