Friday, February 9, 2018

: Resume by Joseph Trapani

Resume
J. Trapani

What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a resume? You never know what to write. In reality who really knows how? What if you do not have a lot of work experience but you really need a job and a resume, what could you do? On a resume you can include accomplishments as well as other professional experience.  Last week, we had to bring in our resume and the professors would help us format it better. Well let me tell you this, the professor that helped me fix my resume was a godsend. Before she helped me, my resume was decent at best. The format of it wasn’t organized and there was information on there that really wasn’t necessary. The professor helped me add useful information and take away thing that weren’t necessary. She also updated the format and placement of my credentials. The final product was great and I cannot thank her enough for the help. If I submitted my old resume, the chances of me getting that job wouldn’t be as great as if I submitted my new updated resume. Some key ways to a good resume is to have good formatting, note necessary accomplishments, keep it to one page, and most important, don’t include useless information.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.