Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Self Assessment by Latrisha Maynard

                         
                                                                     Self Assessment 
Latrisha Maynard



             I am constantly self-assessing. Most of the time, it is to see what areas I need improvement in and find ways to fix it. Other times, it makes me criticize myself, especially when I do something that is not up to par with the standards that I set for myself. I think society has a lot to do with the reasoning behind why many people (including me) criticize themselves. There is competition everywhere, college for example. To get into universities, potential students have to write essays, have good grades, participate in extracurricular activities, and even then, they are not guaranteed to be accepted. It is unfortunate, but it is the way it is. That is why I am always trying to find ways to improve, and when I struggle with it, my self-esteem is affected. The best way to deal with it is to reassure myself that I am doing the best I can and that is okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.