Monday, June 25, 2012

Police Officer

It is pretty difficult to know where to start looking for small opportunities to get a step up in your career, or even careers you are thinking about. I’ll go to the Information booth to get a map of the campus or even just look at the map at the front of the campus to pin point some places I should start my search from. Since my career is to become a Police Officer, my first step would be to go to the Criminal Justice Department in D309 and find out about any internships or service learning opportunities that could advance me in field of policing. From there, I will head over to the Office of Career Development, Transfer/New Start, Scholarships, and Service Learning in C102 to speak to a Transfer Academic Advisor and hear them out, but let them know what I am looking for too.  I could even talk to my professors and see what can tell me about being or becoming an officer. When I am home, I use the Internet to look up different programs that deal with Law Enforcement. Through my research, I found out about the NYPD Cadet Program. Plus one for me!
 To really start my career, I should start doing more community work to gain more experience towards community involvement. Even outside of school I could go to police precincts, law offices, and councilman offices to see what opportunities I can access. I could go to the Career Development Center to see if they could help me find some of these opportunities. When it comes down to finding out about your career or career goals, it takes ambition and determination. It is also takes initiative to find opportunities.  No one is going to know how far you are trying to reach in life without you letting them know. Help is out there, now go get it!

Veronica Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.