Friday, June 22, 2012

Insight Through Experience

Since my interests vary so much and the options in life are endless, I have trouble making up my mind with what it is that I would like to do or what career to pursue. I am considering a field where I can expand the valuable skill of solving issues that involve the improvement of individual, community, business or social welfare through the use of environmental and/or policy changes and inspirational self development to improve the quality of life and achievement. I can only imagine how it would be a day in the life of someone of a particular field and how they live their day to day lifestyle. 


To help me clarify some of my career interests, I can volunteer with some people to assist them in their daily activities or just have the privilege to be present during important moments of their days. Some people that I can volunteer with are business lawyers or successful businessmen and entrepreneurs that use their available resources and wisdom to accomplish tasks that only a combination of skilled professionals would have the confidence to accomplish.  I can find a mentor that has similar interests and find out what they do with their lives.  A successful mentor will provide good advice and will provide me with their experiences that would save me a great deal of time and trouble to discover on my own.  I have a few mentors that are successful businessmen, but I do not spend enough dedicated time with them because of my work/school schedule and their unpredictable timeline. What I will do is set up specific times of the month that I can meet with these certain individuals, and initiate some give and take sessions that will give me some insight into my plan of action and choice improvements.  


The last thing that I can do is to improve my own attitude of how I manage my resources, my time and how I follow my goals and the path necessary to accomplish them. The persistent self development to attain a more disciplined attitude with allow me to accomplish more and to realize what I am actually capable of accomplishing.


-Vsevolod Soloviev
 June 22, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.