Monday, November 5, 2012

Interest, Values, and Abilities packet response


This packet helped me get an idea of what interest and values I have for my career. My future career is in the FBI or as a professional baseball player. In the packet, I learned that the interest abilities and values I have for being a professional baseball player also apply to the FBI. For example, for baseball I played shortstop, centerfield and pitcher. In the infield, the shortstop is the captain. In the outfield, the centerfielder is the captain. Everyone knows the pitcher controls the game so that gives me leadership skills. As both an FBI agent and a baseball player I have speed, I can make good decisions, and I’m a quick thinker. In baseball, when you’re down to a close game there is no time for error. You can’t think twice about anything. For example, when its bases loaded, no outs and you have to decide, if the ball is hit to you, where to throw you can’t think twice you have to throw. Some of the values that I have for my future career are that it has to give me pressure because I’m good under pressure. Also, a physical challenge because I don’t like to sit back and file papers I like to be active. The career needs to give me a mental challenge. I like to think of how to do things and analyze things.
           I think it is important to match your interest, values and abilities with your job choice because you want to do this for the rest of your life and be happy about it. You don’t want to be miserable for the rest for your life getting up and working at a job that you hate. So before you try to get into a career I think it’s better if you write down your interest, abilities and values and compare them to each of the careers that you have in mind and which ever one stands out or is different from the other ones you either get rid of it if you don’t really like it or you keep it if you like it more than the other ones.

Samuel Castro 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.