Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Interviewing Skills By Latrisha Maynard



Interviewing Skills


By,
Latrisha Maynard



         When it comes to interviews, I usually practice on a scenario basis. I am always thinking of different situations in my head and how I would go about doing it so practicing an interview is something I do to help me prepare. Most interviews are predictable, because a lot of employers ask the same questions to potential employees such as, "tell me about yourself", or "What are your strengths/weaknesses”. I would use those questions as a template to help me prepare to the best of my ability. I do not want to sound cliché or generic when answering questions that interviewer might ask me, so it is good for me to practice my “elevator pitch". Recently, I sat down with a career advisor to do a mock interview. I must say that the interview really helped me because the advisor gave me great feedback and advice to help me in future interviews. I will continue to seek advice and help from the career development center to become a great interviewee, and land the job I want.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.