Thursday, March 8, 2018

Search or Strive by Tayvon Best​



Search or Strive?

For the past months, I’ve been fighting the question, should I work while in school or stay focused on school and be depended on family? Also to how to go about it and what can I do to obtain an internship which fits my interest? I have worked while in school before when I was in Starbucks from 2015-2017. I showed signs of slowing down and my grades were affected due to demand for my job. I failed classes and I started to worry about the money, too much to the point I considered to just drop college in general. The road to recovery was tough, I wasn’t feeling good about myself, my skills into becoming a journalist (my major) and just life in general.
Thanks to words of career advisors, I was able to make the conscious decision to continue school and quit my job. I’m still not happy it’s taking 3 years to achieve an Associate's Degree but I know I will complete the task this coming spring semester.  I still beg the question, should I even look for an internship and work after obtaining the Associate’s Degree or show I push for my Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree? I feel I struggle with multi-tasking but can try something as long it is in my interests. Internships like; Radio & TV(Sports Talk Shows), News Reporting or anything involved in Sports Writing.


Hopefully, I can find the answer soon, taking a preparation in career planning should benefit me in the long run.




From Tayvon Best

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.