Skip to main content

What have you learned about yourself and career goals in the SD11 class?

What have you learned about yourself and career goals in the SD11 class?

The Career Planning SD11 course is a great course that helped me in my pursuit to learn more about myself and the options I have available to me. I learned about what line of work my personality and values would suit more comfortably. I discovered that I must pursue a career in administration which is a logical match for my current major of business administration.
                A major help in the class was the revision of my resume and the collaboration with the Office of Career Development in Room C-102 to help me prepare for a job interview by scheduling and coming in for a mock interview. I learned how to create and use a blog. In addition, I enjoyed learning how to properly create a cover letter as well as a thank you letter, which I can send to an employer after a job interview. My experience in this class made me realize how I have to take more action and experience hands-on learning in order to achieve a better understanding of something instead of just thinking about how it may or may not be the thing for me to work on.
                This class was an overall great learning experience that solidified my choice of career as a businessman that will pursue entrepreneurship, investing, and venture capital funding. Now I know that I must network with people in my field of interest, obtain the advice from professionals in this field, as well as learn the skills necessary in order to start and manage successful businesses. I recommend this class to everyone whether they know exactly what they want to pursue and especially to anyone who is lost in their career goals.

Vsevolod Seva Soloviev

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Budget in College and Why it Matters

College is often the first time students manage their own money and it can get overwhelming fast. Between textbooks, food, tuition, and social events, its easy to overspend without realizing it. But learning to budget in college doesnt mean giving up everything fun. Instead its about being intentional with your spending so you can avoid stress, debt, and financial mistakes down the line. Budgeting isnt just about cutting back its a form of freedom. It helps you make the most of your money and take control of your future. Whether your living on campus, commuting, or juggling a part time job, a solid budget is your best friend. Tips on Budgeting in College Track Every Dollar: Use personal finance apps to track spending, categorize expenses, and set goals. These apps help you see where your money goes so you can make smarter decisions. Create a Monthly Budget: Use simple, user friendly budgeting tools. This allows you to plan for every dollar you have coming in and going out. Separate N...

DEI & The Workplace

Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), is a broad term that covers the issues of equality in the United States. It existed throughout the years, trying to advocate for equality amongst individuals regardless of their race, sex, or religion. Thi helps foster respect and equality in every sector of the society, ensuring that as long as a person is a citizen of the United States, they are allowed to receive the same benefits as others. In the workplace, DEI is very essential as it ensures that people are hired based on the fact that they meet the qualifications of the position they applied for, and not discriminated against by not qualifying them for unknown reasons even if they reach all other qualifications. Below are a few important reasons for DEI in the workplace:  1. The Workplace Should Reflect Today’s Emerging Workforce: Social change has historically often led to backlash, but that isn’t necessarily a good reason to retreat or pivot away from one’s DEI mandate. Today’s emerg...

Dress for the Job You Want

A lot of times we look at our closets and think "What should I wear for work today?" or "Is this appropriate for this interview?" Well what we fail to realize is that what may be accepted in our eyes, is not accepted in the eyes of a professional. Here I will tell what to wear for your job or for future jobs to come. Men's fashion: Solid color button down shirts(black, blue brown and gray) Solid color ties (no Bow ties) Black, gray or blue pants are accpeted Black or brown dress shoes *all clothes must be ironed Women: Blouses and button downs shirts Dresses and skirts minimal knee length Black, gray or blue pants are accepted Solid color flats or heels are accepted as well *all clothes must be ironed Absolutely no  jeans, sneakers or shorts are allowed to be worn, hair and nails must be work appropriate, and offensive tattoos can not be shown on display. Both of these are prime examples of what to wear the next time you look at your cl...