Monday, February 11, 2013

Informational Interview: The Journalist

The informational interview that I conducted with Katie Craig made me reconsider my entire plan on how I would approach my career as a Journalist. This information interview has taught me more than I though it would. Katie helped me see Journalism in a new light. Although I might have strong skills set in writing, Journalism may not always be a stable career if one is going to be freelancing. What I found very intriguing about Journalism is that this career is very detail oriented and involves tons of communication with the public.  There is a lot more to Journalism than just writing. Writing is just one component of becoming a journalist because writing cannot be done until research is thoroughly conducted by a team of journalists. Katie also made me realize that to become a successful journalist, I must focus on one particular area (Fashion, Sports, Lifestyle etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.