Monday, July 2, 2012

Career Choice


I chose bakers in my Culinary Arts major. This occupation interests me because I like having fun working with my hands and the responsibilities it involves. I found some valuable information about the responsibilities of bakers as well as the training and education needed in order to gain knowledge and experience to be very successful. If planning to run a business a college degree is essential and certification by the Retail Bakers of America is optional; however, it is best to get certified. Some responsibilities for bakers are they have to make sure to check the ingredients quality, get the equipment prepared for baking, have proper flour measurements and so forth.  Salary for bakers ranges from $16,910 to $37,320 per year depending on where you work.  The potential outlook for a baker’s career is expected little or no change at all for the future. As the population grows, people are always going to want to indulge in fresh baked goods. The obstacles I may face in achieving this baking career are that it is going to take me great deal of time to complete the required courses and get the degree; however, it is worth it. I really admire my friend Carrie who bakes good stuff  such as cupcakes that I can indulge.
Tanya Vavitsas  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.