Monday, July 9, 2012

Choosing A Career Path

In today’s society a career path may be difficult, because there is so much to choose from. But it’s not impossible when you know who you are and the meaning of life. My experience of choosing or exploring my career path started after my completion of high school. My grandmother became sick with breast cancer. It was a devastating situation for my family. As my sister and I visited the hospital with my grandmother; some days were good and some were not so good. But by God's grace we pulled through everyday. It taught us patience and showing us how life was important, not to take life for granted because every second counts.

When she got home I would dress her wound, when the nurse was unable to make it. From this life and hands on practice, it gave me the push; I decided to start my career path. In high school I wasn’t thinking of becoming a nurse. However, through this experience I had with my grandmother, I realize that’s my field and some of my families members would say, “You would make a good nurse.” After this experience and good words I consider this field and moved forward. While I was teaching at a basic school for three months; I was attending evening classes to take Biology, and others classes to get some basic knowledge of science. I continued to figure out my career path and worked towards it by taking steps needed for Nursing.

For my beginning students, in this life you have to be determined and search for information to see what’s out there. This will give you a better chance of choosing the right career. At times it will be challenging, but don’t give up. Most of all, when you know what you want, slowing down or quitting shouldn’t be an option! Go straight a head, because the sky is the limit. Try and see how far you can go and if you should fail, don’t stay down in the dirt, get up and brush yourself off and continue on the journey. The most important points are to have a plan, so you will know where you’re going, be consistent, have an open mind to different opinions, encourage yourself because most of the time others won’t, and be determine for your goals. Put these tips or opinion into practice and you will have that foundation to build something great for your future. The reason why I know this is because it had helped me to be at the place where I am now.

~Christina Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.