Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Recommendations for Incoming KCC Students

There are some resources/services I wish I would have taken advantage of earlier while attending Kingsborough. It would have made my life a bit easier. One of the services is the Academic Advisement Center. Go to that office to make sure you know which courses are needed to meet your degree requirements. Otherwise you’ll be like me with a whole bunch of credits that aren’t needed. The office is located in room M 201. It will help you find out what you need and/or direct you to other resources and services which may be helpful to you.
Another office that’s helpful is Human Resources located in room A 201. If you are interested in finding employment within the school, then come there. If you are eligible to do Federal Work Study, it is in here too. Not only is it possible to gain employment, it’ll give you work experience if you have none. It can also look nice on a resume. I wish I found out 3 semesters ago. It could have saved me the hardship of trying to magically find money for transportation to Kingsborough, books, and other necessary items for class (and those horribly tempting vending machines).
As a student in Kingsborough, you should visit these important offices for financing your courses. For me they are the: Registrar, Bursar, and the Financial Aid Office.
~Elizabeth M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.