Monday, July 22, 2013

Informational Interview




                                             Informational Interview

                                             CEO and Head Designer


My informational interview experience was with Jose Azcona , the CEO and Head Designer of
Azcona Floral Designs and Events Decor. Jose Azcona 's business requires the following tasks:
              1. Planning Events
              2. Floral Designing
              3. Wedding Preparations
              4. Galas
              5. Sweet Sixteens
              6. Baby and Wedding Showers
              7. Anniversaries


I had the opportunity to ask a wide range of interview questions .
Q. What are the rewards of owning your own business?

A. The opportunity to plan and design unique floral arrangements and events for my customers.
I am pursuing my passion and fulfilling a dream of working in a successful business venture.
\The fact that I have been able to share this working relationship with family is outstanding.

Q. How has your business benefited your community?

A.  I'm able to donate time and  my services with the assistance of friends and family to
non-profit organizations and schools. For example, This past June, I donated my services
to two schools by planning and designing the floral arrangements for their school graduations.
I cannot explain the blissful feeling of giving back to a community that has supported my
business over the years.

Q. What steps would you recommend that I take, if I wanted to prepare for a  career
in Event Planning?

A. 1. Complete a course of study that includes event planning, designing, hospitality,
culinary and business classes.
     2. Be prepared to gain field experiences with volunteering, internships and entry-level
positions.
     3. Do your research! join event-planning/ trade organizations, networking, workshops'
career counseling, and attend meetings and job fairs.

  Monique L. Smith                                        
                                             











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.