Friday, July 19, 2013

NYPD Informational Interview

NYPD  job requirements and salary:

Q: Work responsibilities and nature of work
A: An individual has to save a person who is in trouble. Prevent city prom crimes. Usually they have to work at night time. These are the basic responsibilities.

Q: Training and/or education background needed, Qualification and characteristics needed.
A: An individual will need a minimum of 2.0 GPA. Sixty credits from a college or two years of military service and a high school diploma. After acceptance there will be six months of training camp.

Q: Salary/ Earnings/ Wage
A: from starting of work and individual will get a minimum of $14 per hour. After establishment an individual will start getting $74,000 yearly.

Q: Advancement Opportunities.
A: After passing FBI or detective test an individual’s salary will be higher. The more police department test will be passed the more an individual’s salary will be higher.

Q: Advantages/ Disadvantages of career
A: Advantages:
With experience salary will be higher and an individual get promotions by saving a person’s life or by preventing something by robbery.
Disadvantages:
If a person gets into a fight or get a felony it will be termination automatically.

Q: “Globalness” of the industry
A: if an individual transfers to another state, he will have to pass that state’s test to be an actual employee there.

Q: 1: I will have to get 60 credits
2: My GPA should be minimum of 2.0
3: I should be physically fit
4: I shouldn’t have any felony convictions on me
5: I should have a driving license and I also have to have an American passport.

Q: I have been talking to a lot of CUNY security guards and they helped me a lot to know the procedure. I have one of my best friends which are working in NYPD and he is actually helping me to get in quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.