Monday, July 29, 2013

SD 11


I decided to take SD 1100 because I have difficulty writing cover letters for internship opportunities. I know that I plan on going for my bachelors and then my masters after graduating from Kingsborough Community College and I know that I will have many interviews and cover letters to write along the way. Since taking this SD 100 course with Professor Natasha Lauriston my career choice has not changed. I came into Kingsborough knowing I want to be an editor and my time in this SD 1100 course has only motivated my career goals. My SD 1100 course has made me confident in my cover letter writing and ability to ace an interview.
In the SD 1100 course I have learned how to keep my resume looking neat, write cover letters, do well on interviews and manage my social media presence. I would have liked to learn more about places to find internships, besides the career services office on campus. I have benefited from this course by learning to make myself more appealing to future employers. My only suggestions for future SD 1100 courses is to have professors as clear as Ms. Lauriston, she made the learning process entertaining, engaging and informative

-S Singleton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment! We love hearing from our readers.